City of Hopkins - City Hall
Settlers began arriving in what would become Hopkins in 1852. But it didn't become a municipality until 1893 - when 41 residents petitioned Hennepin County commissioners for permission to incorporate a village. After a successful election, the village was incorporated as West Minneapolis. Residents changed the name to Hopkins in 1928 in honor of Harley H. Hopkins, one of the first homesteaders and the community's first postmaster. City Hall is the public face of Hopkins city government. Drivers pass by the brick building on their way to to visit the downtown just one block away. It adjoins the Police Department.
- Fax: 952-935-1834
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp to the sidewalks.
- Founding Date: 1893
- Services: Community Services Department (including assessing and inspections), Planning and Economic Development Department, Engineering Division, Finance Department, administration, council meetings and most board and commission meetings
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free