We’ve got a Saturday in mid-August coming up, and that means one thing: the first stirrings of fall sports.
There are no less than a half dozen Hopkins scrimmages or matches scheduled for Saturday:
- Boys' Varsity Soccer Scrimmage: at the National Sports Center in Blaine, time not available
- Girls' Varsity Tennis Invitational: 8 a.m. vs. Roseville Area High School at the high school and Roseville Area Middle School
- Girls' JV Tennis Tournament: 8 a.m. vs. Apple Valley, Roseville Area and Prior Lake at Hopkins
- Varsity Football Scrimmage: 9 a.m. vs. Minnetonka at Minnetonka
- Varsity Volleyball Scrimmage: 9 a.m. vs. Apple Valley at Apple Valley
- JV Volleyball Scrimmage: 9 a.m. vs. Apple Valley at Apple Valley
Looking for something besides sports?
- The Hopkins Farmers’ Market returns for another week. The market is open 7:30 a.m. until noon Saturdays through Oct. 26. It’s been bustling lately, so head on out and enjoy some fresh produce.
- The Miss High School, Junior High School and Collegiate America Pageant for Minnesota and Wisconsin takes place Saturday at the Hopkins Center for the Arts. Pageant winners will represent their state at the national pageant, where they will compete for a $10,000 scholarship. General admission tickets cost $25 each. Click here for more details.