Thanksgiving is justly famous for its gastronomic excess, but it’s not just about eating and lounging around anymore. Many have made a tradition of kicking off the day with a morning race.
Below are four of the turkey trots closest to Hopkins. Check out the Runner’s World Race Finder for a listing of Thanksgiving day runs elsewhere in the Twin Cities.
- When: Registration starts at 7 a.m., the race starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Minnetonka High School Dome (18301 Highway 7, Minnetonka)
- Cost: $20 for preregistration, $25 on race day
- Beneficiary: The Minnetonka Track and Field and Cross Country Association
- When: Race day material pickup from 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., kids carnival from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m., race starts at 8 a.m.
- Where: Target Center - Concourse 3 (600 First Ave. N., Minneapolis)
- Cost: $40 for adults, $25 for youth 17 and younger
- Beneficiary: Organizers are collecting food for Second Harvest Heartland
- When: Registration from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m., race starts at 8 a.m.
- Where: Lake Harriet Bandshell (4135 West Lake Harriet Parkway, Minneapolis)
- Cost: $35 for preregistration, $40 on race day
- When: 9 a.m.
- Where: Hindu Temple of Minnesota (10530 Troy Lane North, Maple Grove)
- Cost: $20
- Beneficiary: Hindu Temple of Minnesota