The following news release comes from the . The seminar will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. April 16 at the Little Theater. The event is free but registration is required. Click here to register.)
The Hopkins Police Department and Phoenix Process Consultants invite you to a seminar focused entirely on helping parents develop a safe online culture for their families.
Phoenix Process Consultants, a counseling and therapy agency located near Ridgedale, will present on current family problems related to technology and compulsive video gaming, and suggest strategies for families to manage them.
Presentations by the Hopkins Police Department as part of the ICAC (Internet Crimes Against Children) Task Force will follow, covering personal safety issues and physical computer security.
Some topics include:
- Family strategies for managing technology
- Ways to identify problematic usage
- When to set limits
- Risks of technology
- Social networking
- Hardware and software safety responses
- 5:30-6:15 pm: Resource Fair/Light Dinner by Royal Cuisine
- 6:15-7:00 pm: Family strategies for managing technology
- 7:15-8:00 pm: ICAC presentation (Netsmartz.org)
- 8:15-9:00 pm: Physical computer security presentation
This event is brought to you by the Hopkins Police Department and Phoenix Process Consultants on behalf of Hopkins Public Schools Community Education (Parent Ed Department).