The conversation between 5th District Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) and GOP challenger Chris Fields got dirty during a heated debate on KFAI Radio Thursday morning. Both men got defensive when the other brought up sensitive subjects—namely references to one another's families and personal lives.
Listen to the low points in the audio above or visit KFAI-FM to hear the full debate.
Patch sites in the Fifth Congressional District (see below) hosted a CoverItLive liveblog and chat. Patch users submitted questions via Twitter (#MN5debate) and through local Patch Facebook pages:
- Fridley Patch
- Golden Valley Patch
- Hopkins Patch
- St. Louis Park Patch
- Southwest Minneapolis Patch
- Richfield Patch
- Edina Patch
Look for more stories about the debate later at these Patch sites.
Other related stories:
- Fields: 'Keith Ellison Proved He Cannot Deliver'
- Ellison: 'Acted Beneath My Personal Standards'
- REPLAY: Rep. Keith Ellison Calls Opponent A "Scumbag"—Twice
- What Happened in KFAI Studio During Keith Ellison-Chris Fields Debate Fracas