The following public safety summary of information from the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office Patrol Unit that includes highlights from Jan. 28 to Feb. 3, 2013.
In addition to the law enforcement services it provides throughout the county, the HCSO provides primary patrol services for the communities of Hassan Township, Greenfield, Medicine Lake and Fort Snelling, as well as the Hennepin County portions of Hanover and Rockford. The report was provided by the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office. Not all incidents are included in the summary.
- Feb. 2 - Deputies responded to an address in the 1900 block of East Medicine Lake Boulevard for two missing juveniles. A male called to report two juveniles that had attended an ice fishing event on Medicine Lake were missing. Deputies search the lake and surrounding area, eventually the juveniles were located at a residence in Crystal. The males were released to Crystal Police Officers.
- Feb. 3 - Deputies responded to an address in the 11600 block of Zachary Lane for a medical. An 80-year-old male was having difficulty breathing. North ambulance arrived and transported him to Mercy Hospital.
- Feb. 1 - Deputies responded to an address in the 20700 block of Hidden Ponds Drive for a possible narcotics use complaint. Deputies assisted Corcoran Police Department.
- Feb. 2 - Deputies responded to an address in the 9600 block of County Rd 116 to locate an 18 year-old male with outstanding warrants. Deputies located the male, arrested him and booked him into the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility on the two misdemeanor warrants. No other action was needed.
- Jan. 30 - Deputies responded to the area of County Road 144 and Highway 101 for a property damage accident. An 18-year-old male was issued a citation for inattentive driving and a state accident report was completed. No other action was needed.
- Jan. 30 - Deputies responded to an address in the 11400 block of Valley Drive for an alarm. The deputies found an open service door to the garage, they checked inside and all appeared fine.
- Jan. 30 - Deputies responded to an address in the 22100 block of Orchid Avenue for a domestic incident.
- Feb. 1 - Deputies responded to an address in the 21900 block of Diamond Lake Road to assist Rogers Police Department of a theft from business. Deputies located the suspects in the parking lot and detained them for Rogers Police Department. Police Department handled the follow-up investigation.
- Feb. 3 - Deputies responded to the area of Interstate 94 and Country Road 81 to assist Rogers Police Department with an accident. The driver had fled on foot. Deputies tracked the suspect with K-9, he was taken into custody by perimeter deputy while dog was tracking. Rogers Police Department took custody of male and will handle the formal charging.
- Jan. 28 - Deputies responded to an accident in the 7900 block of County Road 10. A 31-year-old male had lost control of his vehicle, went into the ditch and hit a tree. The male refused medical assistance and he called for a private tow.
- Jan. 28 - Deputies responded to an address in the 9100 block of Xenia Court for a medical incident.
- Jan. 30 - Deputies responded to an address in the 9700 block of Greenfield Road for a medical incident.
The communities of Rockford and Hanover had no reports provided by the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office.