Monday, Aug. 13
- 12:27 a.m. — A Fifth Avenue North man said his daughter assaulted him.
- 12:37 a.m. — A drunk man was taken to Southdale Hospital after he was seen stumbling down Mainstreet.
- 8:43 a.m. — Police learned about a man pushing a propane gas grill down the trail by Excelsior Boulevard. When officers talked to him, he said he found it by a dumpster with a sign that read “free needs new burner.” He said he was taking the grill to the recycling center.
- 10:47 a.m. — A caller told police someone stole items over the weekend from a Robinwood Lane home.
- 9:52 p.m. — A resident was taken to Methodist Hospital on a medical hold.
Tuesday, Aug. 14
- 9:43 a.m. — Police got a call that a woman with an unloaded shotgun was near apartments. She was gone when officers arrived.
- 2:46 p.m. — An 11th Avenue South resident reported that items from a glove compartment and trunk while the owner was out of the country.
- 2:47 p.m. — A 15-year-old girls said her father threatened her with a knife and choked her on 21st Avenue North. Prosecutors charged 46-year-old Edwin Alan Hoffman with second-degree assault and domestic assault by strangulation. to read the full story.
- 3:50 p.m. — While juveniles were fighting over a stolen cell phone, one of them mentioned getting a firearm. Officers talked to those involved.
- 8:31 p.m. — A Brentwood Park Townhomes resident reported an unspecified theft after coming home from vacation.
- 8:57 p.m. — An 11th resident reported hearing something hit the window. When the resident went outside, there was a man smoking and looking in the window. The man didn’t respond when asked what he was doing and another man came around the building. The men were gone when officers arrived.
Wednesday, Aug. 15
- 1:20 a.m. — The Blake Road reported the theft of unknown items.
- 3:26 a.m. — An ambulance took a man to the hospital who was found near the intersection of Blake Road and Cambridge Street.
- 9:28 a.m. — A business owner at 811 Mainstreet requested an extra patrol after a potted plant kept getting stolen from in front of the building.
- 3:19 p.m. — told police a person came into the church, asking if there was a computer and saying odd things.
- 3:24 p.m. — Someone stole a Toyota Corolla at .
- 4:36 p.m. — Two Eighth Avenue South neighbors got in an argument after a woman confronted a man for yelling obscenities at a child. She said he was belligerent to her after she confronted him.
- 4:56 p.m. — Police found kids lighting matches at . There was no damage. Officers talked to the kids and their parents.
- 11:11 p.m. — Officers talked to a person who was urinating near .
Thursday, Aug. 16
- 12:41 a.m. — A Holly Road man said he saw two men with flashlights and dressed in black across from his home. When he asked if he could help them, they took off.
- 3:26 p.m. — Someone stole a bike from .
- 3:32 p.m. — Someone stole a bag with beach passes from a bike at .
- 4:43 p.m. — Police responded to an unspecified report of a theft on the 900 block of Sixth Avenue South.
- 10:30 p.m. — A man ripped a door off his vehicle on the 500 block of Shadyside Circle while a woman and child were in the vehicle. The woman and child received minor glass scrapes, but the woman said the man didn’t intend to hurt them and that she wasn’t scared of him. The man left on a bus to go to his sister-in-law’s place in Minneapolis.
Stay up to date on all your local news. Sign up for the free Hopkins Patch newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Editor James Warden's Pinterest boards. Do you own a local business? to learn about five easy ways your business can use Patch.