Monday, Aug. 29
- 9:02 a.m. — A man told police that his ex-girlfriend hit him in the face. The woman left before police arrived.
- 9:32 a.m. — A resident told police that someone cut the porch screen on a home on the 200 block of Interlachen Road. It did not appear that anyone was able to get into the home.
- 3:17 p.m. — A woman told police that a suspicious man was in her yard with a metal detector. The man, who was looking for old coins, said he was embarrassed and had been told the property was vacant. He left when asked.
Tuesday, Aug. 30
- 1:09 p.m. — A neighbor reported that two people in a home on the 1500 block of Fifth Street North were yelling and sounded like they were throwing things. When police arrived, they learned that the woman had to speak loud because the man couldn’t hear in one ear.
- 3:43 p.m. — Someone stole a vehicle while it was parked on 14th Avenue North.
- 6:40 p.m. — A business at 5 Ninth Avenue South reported that someone stole a $100 leather jacket off a mannequin in front of the business.
Wednesday, Aug. 31
- 3:31 a.m. — Police received a report that two men were walking through a parking lot on Van Buren Avenue north, looking through vehicles. Officers were initially unable to locate the men. But they encountered them 27 minutes later in a Ramsgate parking lot on Lake Street North. The men fled. When officers caught up with them, they said they were out for a walk. Officers talked with the men.
- 7:23 a.m. — Someone stole a bike from a bike rack near the pool area at apartments.
- 11:08 a.m. — Someone stole another bike from a bike rack at Second Street Station apartments.
- 6:44 p.m. — Police received a report that a man in a brown Cadillac was looking at a “dirty magazine hidden in a newspaper.” The caller was concerned for children in the area. Officers talked to the man, who said he was leaving.
- 8:23 p.m. — A woman told police that her mother routinely comes into her business and threatens to throw the woman’s stepmother out of a care facility. She’ll be looking into getting a restraining against the mother.
Thursday, Sept. 1
- 10:11 a.m. — A caller told police that a woman was damaging her unit at Hiawatha Court apartments. Officers could hear women screaming on the phone. Police took the woman to a detox facility and issued her a trespass notice.
- 1:56 p.m. — A resident told police that a child came to a door at and said a man was trying to kill his mother. The caller could also hear yelling and thumping on the wall. Police arrived and found that it was a verbal disagreement.
- 4:05 p.m. — Someone stole a small blue bike from outside the .
- 7:23 p.m. — Someone stole a bike from a patio on Eighth Avenue South.
Friday, Sept. 2
- 12:28 p.m. — Police received a report that someone stole a ramrod from a skidsteer at Minnehaha Creek Preserve.
- 1:27 p.m. — A Sixth Avenue South business reported a shoplifting.
- 2:57 p.m. — Someone at told police that a video game had been stolen.
Saturday, Sept. 3
- 5:29 p.m. — Police received a report that three men were chasing and kicking another man near the Highway 7 . The people were gone when police arrived on the scene.
- 9:27 p.m. — A resident told police that a man tried to steal a bike from a garage at an Oxford Street home. The caller chased the man, who was last seen on Texas Avenue. The bike was recovered.