Hopkins has good weather in store for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The National Weather Service is forecasting sunny weather for most of the week. Travelers on Wednesday should be able to enjoy a high of 63 degrees before they leave. Those staying in Hopkins for the holiday will see temperatures reach 58 degrees on turkey day.
Forecasters expect it to get colder after Thanksgiving. Black Friday shoppers should bundle up against lows that are supposed to dip to 26 degrees Thanksgiving night. Highs should drop to 33 degrees on Friday and stay there Saturday.
The National Weather Service is also predicting the following weather for major cities:
- Chicago: Sunny weather until Monday, when there’s a slight chance of showers. Highs near 64 on Thanksgiving day and in the 30s to 40s the rest of the week.
- Dallas: Chance of showers and thunderstorms Thanksgiving evening. Highs in the 60s and 70s for the week.
- Denver: Clear weather through the week. Highs in the mid 40s to mid 50s, reaching near 61 degrees Saturday. Slight chance of snow Monday.
- Los Angeles: Sunny for the week. Highs of 69 Wednesday, climbing near 80 on Friday.
- New York: Sunny except for Saturday, when there’s a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 40s to mid 50s.
- Seattle: Rain expected every day of the week. High in the mid to upper 40s, perhaps reaching 50 degree on Thanksgiving.
- Washington, DC: Sunny for the week. Highs in the mid 40s to upper 50s, peaking near 60 on Friday.