Hopkins residents will feel the effects of the Minnesota Department of Transportation’s $1.1 billion 2013 road construction season.
On Wednesday, MnDOT announced road closings and detours from 280 construction projects—87 projects in the metro and 193 projects in greater Minnesota. Projects near Hopkins include:
- Location: 9 Mile Creek in Edina; Excelsior Blvd, Third Ave and Second Street in Hopkins; south of Cedar Lake Road in St. Louis Park
- Description: Replace and repair bridge decks and storm sewers
- Total Cost: $3.53 million
- Date: May-Sept 2013
- Impact: Single-lane traffic
- Benefit: Safer bridge, improved drainage system
- Contact: Bobbie Dahlke
Use the map above to see a select list of projects near Hopkins. For a full list of projects, see the PDFs to the right.