City staff and Hopkins City Council members were given a tour of the soon-to-open Marketplace and Main mixed-use development yesterday evening, previewing the four-story housing and retail space located at the corner of Mainstreet and 7th Avenue North. Following project delays the development broke ground in July 2011; developers expect renters to begin moving in on Sept. 15.
The Marketplace and Main development had originally planned to include seven newly-built townhomes on the northeast corner of Mainstreet and 7th Avenue North, adjacent to the apartment building; developers said that part of the project has been put on indefinite hold due to a variety of factors, including concerns about too much construction noise occurring at one time as the apartment complex was built this summer.
Below are some of the new development’s features. Feel free to share your comments at the bottom of the article after touring through a few pictures.
- Marketplace and Main’s apartment building has 53 units, with all but six of the apartments built as one- or two-bedroom units in various floor configurations.
- Approximately 70 percent of the building’s apartments have been rented thus far. Steven Scott Management expects the building to be 80-85 percent leased by mid-September.
- One bedroom apartments rent for between $1150 and $1375; two-bedroom units rent for between $1350 and $2250, while the building’s six three-bedroom apartments rent for approximately $2000.
- Some of the building's amenities include a barbecue area, bike storage area, on-site professional management and fitness center.
- All the apartments at Marketplace and Main feature:
- Oversized floor plans with formal dining options
- Architecturally designed open kitchens with granite islands
- Granite countertops with stainless steel sinks
- Nine foot ceilings
- Full size in-unit washer and dryer
- Underground heated garage stall
- Some units with a fireplace are available
The Retail Space
- Four retail spaces look out onto Mainstreet and range in size from just over 1300 square feet to just under 2000 square feet.
- One of the four retail spaces has been leased, although developers said that due to a confidentiality clause they could not release the store’s name.That tenant is expected to take possession of the space sometime in October or November.
For a more complete list of amenities at Marketplace and Main, see the company’s website at www.marketplaceandmainapts.com
Stay up to date on all your local news. Sign up for the free Hopkins Patch newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Editor James Warden's Pinterest boards. Do you own a local business? to learn about five easy ways your business can use Patch.