For many people, summer marks a return to the great American highways—reveling in the freedom of the open road and the excitement only a beloved automobile can inspire.
June 30 through Aug. 3, the will be celebrating this excitement with an automotive-themed exhibition called Velocity 2: The Art of Motion. The exhibition features works from contemporary artists that rejoice in all things automotive, as well as three unique car shows.
In conjunction with this event, Patch and the Hopkins Center for the Arts have joined together to offer you a chance to show off your most beautiful automotive photos—and possibly win a prize.
Entering is easy:
- Find your best, original automotive picture. The vehicle can have two wheels, three wheels, four wheels or more (for those of you inspired by the beauty of an all-American semi).
- To add your images, click on the "Upload Photos and Video" button under the photo above. Please include your hometown.
- Everyone who submits a photo will be entered to win two tickets to a concert in the art center’s 2012-13 concert series, courtesy of the Hopkins Center for the Arts.
Of course, we encourage you to share the link with your friends and family, brag about your great photo and tell the community something awesome about your photograph in the comments section below.
And while you’re thinking motors, don’t forget to check out the Velocity 2 events, including the three, free auto shows coming up:
- Opening Gala (7 p.m. to 10 p.m. June 30): Enjoy the art exhibition, watch the grand entrance of the auto show and vote for your favorite vehicles. Light hors d'oeuvres and desserts will be served, and there will be a cash bar. Attendees can also take part in a wine tasting and lotto to benefit arts programming.
- Sunday Drive Event (noon to 4 p.m. July 8): Vintage touring cars will be on display on Mainstreet during the second day of the Hopkins Arts Festival. Also, be sure to look for the Patch booth so your child can participate in Patch’s coloring contest for a chance to win Stages Theatre tickets. Stay tuned for more details!
- Main Drag Event (noon to 4 p.m. July 28): American hotrods and classic motorcycles will be on display on Mainstreet. There will also be music.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, upload your original auto photo to Hopkins Patch, Edina Patch, Golden Valley Patch, Minnetonka Patch, St. Louis Park Patch, Richfield Patch, Lake Minnetonka Patch, Maple Grove Patch, Plymouth-MN Patch or St. Michael Patch. Limit one (1) entry per calendar day. Entrants can only submit their own original photos. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
- All entries must be received by 5 p.m. July 30, 2012 Central Time.
- You may enter one (1) entry per calendar day.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing to receive two tickets to a concert in the Hopkins Center for the Arts’ 2012-13 season. The concert will be chosen by the art center. (approximate retail value: $40 to $50).
See attached PDF for complete Official Rules.