The will be welcoming visitors for a special floral- and garden-themed fundraiser celebrating May Day.
Experts will be on hand to offer advice about gardening and flower arrangements. A fashion show will offer a look at spring clothing, accessories and hair designs. And there will be a silent auction where attendees can bid on art, theater tickets, gift baskets, community garden plots, plants, landscaping plans and more.
May Day at the HCA takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 5. All proceeds go to support arts programming at the Hopkins Center for the Arts. The event is coordinated with —a twice-a-year event that invites downtown for a day of shopping, dining and pampering.
- 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.: Silent Auction Fundraiser: Art, theater tickets, gift baskets, community garden plots, plants, landscape design plan and more…
- 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Floral Arrangement Demonstration by Ashley Fox
- 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Hospitality Lounge: Enjoy a cup of Caribou Coffee, a chair massage by HealthSource Chiropractic, and enter a drawing for tickets to a concert at HCA
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: “Ask A Master Gardener Kiosk”, all of your Spring planting questions
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Fashion Show: Modeling fresh spring looks: clothing, accessories, hair styles
- 10 a.m. through the afternoon: Registration for Girls On The Town
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Wearable Art Marketplace: purchase fine, hand-crafted clothing and accessories from local artists Food & Beverage samples courtesy of: Jason’s Deli and Joia All Natural Sodas
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Business Booths: Meet the local experts in health, fitness, natural foods, and lawn & garden maintenance
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Chair massage
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Music by Oliver Thomas
- Noon to 3 p.m.: Demos and Presentations on the following topics: Fairy Garden Baskets, Landscape design, Natural Foods cooking, Fitness, Health