Where to Find a Corn Maze in the West Metro
From military to tractors, there is a wide range of corn maze themes for the 2012 season within driving distance of Hopkins.
With several area corn mazes spanning acres of land, they provide an opportunity to enjoy getting lost.
Here are some of the west metro corn mazes you can find less than an hour's drive from Hopkins:
Now open for 2012 season
This family owned orchard, which opened in 1983, includes a corn maze, wagon rides, corn maze, petting zoo and more. This year’s theme is tractors. The maze opened for the 2012 season Sept. 1 and goes through October.
- Hours: Call for specific hours
- Address: 4875 37th Street SE, Delano.
- Directions: Take Highway 55 west through Rockford, turn left on Wright County Road. (Signs are posted along the way)
- Contact: 763-972-6673
Sever's Corn Maze and Fall Festival started up for the 2012 season for Sept. 14 and goes through Oct. 28. This year’s maze theme is “Harvesting Memories.” Patrons cannot only check out the maze, but a variety of activities Tire Mountain, Pumpkin Blasters and Goat World. Check out Sever’s website for what is included in the admission price and activities with an additional cost.
- Hours: 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fridays; 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturdays; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays
- Address: 1100 Canterbury Road, Shakopee, MN 55379
- Contact: 952-239-8501
- Cost: $13 per person four-years-old and up, children under three free.
The Otsego based corn maze is located at 101 Market and opens for the 2012 season Sept. 15 through Oct. 31. In addition to the corn maze, activities include animal train rides, bouncing pony, corn cannon, corn pit and more.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily
- Address: 8980 Quantrelle Ave. NE, Otsego, MN 55330
- Contact: 763-441-4487
- Cost: $6-$15 (admission price depends number of activities, check website for details).
Opening Sept. 22
The Twin Cities Harvest Festival and Maze opens in nearby Brooklyn Park Sept. 22 for the 2012 season until Oct. 28. Located on 19.5-acres of land, this year’s maze honors Minnesota military families - with a portion of every ticket sold to the Minnesota Military Family Foundation. Ticket price includes the maze, petting zoo, corn pit and more. Additional activities available for an extra cost.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (beginning Sept. 22)
- Address: 8001 109th Ave. N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
- Contact: 952-992-9326
- Cost: $9 per person
Have a favorite corn maze? Share it in comments! Share your corn maze photos by uploading to this post.
You also might like reading: Apple Orchard Opportunities Near Hopkins