What's Open and Closed in Hopkins on MLK Day 2013?
Here's a list of what businesses and services will and will not be available Monday.
He was born on Jan. 15, 1929, but his birthday is celebrated on the a Monday so workers will get a three-day holiday.
The day also has been designated as a Day of Service. There are many opportunities to serve in the Twin Cities.
- Banks: Most banks are closed on Monday. You should check with your particular branch.
- Businesses: Some businesses could choose to close Monday. Please call ahead before heading out to shop.
- City offices: City Hall will be closed.
- Depot Coffee House: The Depot will have regular hours.
- Hopkins Center for the Arts: The building and gallery will be open regular hours, but offices will be closed.
- Fire: Firefighters will be working on Monday.
- Garbage: There will be no garbage pickup.
- Library: The Hopkins Library, like all Hennepin County libraries, will be closed Monday.
- Police: Police officers will be on duty Monday.
- Transportation: Metro Transit buses and trains will follow the regular weekday schedule on Monday. Customer Relations, Lost & Found, the Transit Information Center and the Downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul Metro Transit stores will all have regular hours.