Helping Paws Donations Soar on Give to the Max Day
The organization was one of the Hopkins nonprofits that raised thousands in donations during the annual fundraiser.
Tails are once again wagging at Helping Paws following another strong performance on Give to the Max Day.
The organization had 423 people donate $62,187—a total that made it 18th overall, the highest-earning Hopkins nonprofit. It also won a $1,000 bonus for earning fourth place on the leaderboard for medium nonprofits, which have revenue between $100,000 and $1 million.
Its 2012 total is 45 percent greater than the $42,973 it raised in 2011, when it ranked 27th in the state.
The foundation, which placed 74th among medium nonprofits, was also among the few to win a $1,000 Golden Ticket. Every hour, one nonprofit donor and one K-12 public schools donor were randomly chosen to win Golden Tickets that added $1,000 to their donation. The Hopkins Education Foundation won the ticket for the 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. public school spot.
The Hopkins West Wind Concert Band rounded out the list of local nonprofits to place on Give to the Max leaderboards. Its $1,366 in donations earned it 91st place among small nonprofits.
Top-Earning Hopkins Nonprofits
- Helping Paws: 423 donations, $62,187
- Main Street School of Performing Arts: 96 donations, $9,610
- Hopkins Education Foundation: 57 donations, $7,418
- Minnesotans Against Terrorism: 26 donations, $7,121
- Blake School: 36 donations, $7,070
- Stages Theatre Co.: 42 donations, $6,081
- Teens Alone: 35 donations, $4,620
- ResourceWest: 34 donations, $3,907
- Vail Place: 40 donations, $3,899
- myHealth: 30 donations, $1,695
- Hopkins West Wind Concert Band: 35 donations, $1,366
- Hopkins High School Band Boosters Association: 35 donations, $1,215
- Sojourner Project: 11 donations, $1,125
- Gethsemane Lutheran Church and School: 10 donations, $1,115
- Hopkins Center for the Arts: 15 donations, $1,115
- Kenya Children’s Fund: 4 donations, $755
- Mama Ada Foundation: 1 donations, $500
- Tergar International: 2 donations, $500
- Hopkins Early Learning Center: 6 donations, $350
- Depot Youth Foundation: 9 donations, $255