Blotter: Stolen (and Dangerous) Cars
A weekly selection of incidents drawn from Hopkins police files.
Monday, Feb. 6
- 8:00 a.m. — A woman told police her daughter told her that her boyfriend was “knocking her around.”
- 10:44 a.m. — Police received a report that someone stole $232 after the theft of an ATM card at Wells Fargo Bank.
- 4:33 p.m. — The Mainstreet Dairy Queen reported that someone stole an $8 box of Dilly Bars.
- 6:56 p.m. — Police responded to a report of a domestic assault at Westside Village.
Tuesday, Feb. 7
- 10:17 a.m. — A resident reported being hit by a car at Meadow Creek Condos.
- 3:32 p.m. — Police responded to a report of an assault at Golden Living.
Friday, Feb. 10
- 9:13 p.m. — A resident reported that someone stole a red Oldsmobile from the 11th Avenue Holiday. The suspect is a white man between 5 feet, 8 inches and 5 feet, 10 inches and weighing about 150 pounds. He was wearing a black hooded jacket, a black T-shirt and a black hat. The car has a white front passenger side fender.
Saturday, Feb. 11
- 1:56 p.m. — Police ticketed a man suspected of taking change from a vehicle. The man returned the change to the owner.
Sunday, Feb. 12
- 12:01 a.m. — Police went to a Hiawatha Court apartment after a report that someone was yelling and breaking things. Officers encountered a drunk man and took him to detox.
- 3:01 a.m. — The Blake Road Holiday reported that someone stole miscellaneous items from the store and ran away.
- 7:05 p.m. — Police responded to a report of break-ins at storage lockers at 743 11th Ave. S. A washer and dryer were also damaged.