Blotter: Lewd Acts, Pornographic Videos and Silly String Threats
A weekly selection of incidents drawn from Hopkins police files.
Monday, March 5
- 10:44 p.m. — A 15th Avenue North resident said someone tried their door handle and then went across the street to a neighbor’s home. Officers contacted the suspect near the intersection of 15th Avenue North and Second Street North. The man said he was drinking and that he was lost. He denied trying to open any doors. He was released to his mother.
Tuesday, March 6
- 7:39 a.m. — Police responded to a report of a burglary at Tonka Cycle & Ski.
- 2:31 p.m. — One person was taken to the hospital following an unspecified assault near Aji.
Wednesday, March 7
- 11:31 a.m. — A Ninth Avenue resident told police an ex-boyfriend posted pornographic videos of her on Facebook.
- 5:44 p.m. — An 11th Avenue South resident told police a neighbor threatened to beat him up and kill him for interrupting a party when the man confronted him about spraying silly string in the hallway.
Thursday, March 8
- 11:39 a.m. — Police responded to an unspecified theft on Robinwood Lane.
- 12:46 p.m. — Police went to an area near Second Street Northeast and Highway 169 to check on a man who came out of the woods near the trail. Officers found out that he’d been geocaching.
- 12:49 p.m. — A person at the Highway 7 Caribou told officers a man seated in the corner at 7 a.m. was masturbating to some unaware females. The suspect is described as a white man with a thin build. Police told the reporting party to call 911 if he saw the person again.
- 9:04 p.m. — Creekview Apartments man told police a neighbor was yelling at him and his family about the smell of cooking and making disparaging comments about his country of origin.
Friday, March 9
- 2:02 a.m. — A Hopkins Village Apartments resident told police that someone with a hood on was trying to gain access to cars. The suspect was gone when officers arrived.
- 11:17 a.m. — Pawn America reported an unspecified theft.
- 10:30 p.m. — An Interlachen Road resident told police that people were “fooling around” in a car parked across the street.
Saturday, March 10
- 6:25 p.m. — Someone smashed a car window in The Depot parking lot and stole a gym bag with clothes and a cell phone.
- 10:54 p.m. — Police went to Greenfield Apartments for a report of a possible window peeper in the courtyard. When officers responded to the complex, they found a drunk person looking for someone inside. The resident signed for the drunk person.