Blotter: ‘For Rent’ Fraud and Sleeping in the Cinema
A weekly selection of incidents drawn from Hopkins police files.
Monday, Oct. 3
- 1:36 a.m. — Someone kicked in a door to a Hopkins Park Plaza apartment unit.
- 2:17 p.m. — A Madison Circle resident told police that items were missing from the home after the resident went for a walk and left the home unsecured.
- 2:52 p.m. — A woman told police that someone who lives with her mom assaulted her while she was helping her mom move into a Seventh Avenue South property.
Tuesday, Oct. 4
- 6:51 a.m. — Police received a report of an unspecified vehicle stolen from the 1200 block of Wagon Wheel Road.
- 9:15 p.m. — A caller told police that a Walgreens manager grabbed them by the arm and pushed them.
Wednesday, Oct. 5
- 11:22 a.m. — A woman told police that two men tried to take her purse from her car while she was at Tuttle’s.
- 11:52 a.m. — A woman told police that someone posted her Nine Mile Cove house as for rent on Craig’s list and scamming people out of their money. The ad was removed from Craig’s list.
- 11:10 p.m. — Police learned that a man was sleeping in theater number five of Mann’s Hopkins Cinema 6.
Friday, Oct. 7
- 5:03 p.m. — Someone stole a package that was left at a Cambridge Street property.
- 11:24 p.m. — A man was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center following an assault on the 300 block of Fifth Avenue North.
Saturday, Oct. 8
- 10:00 a.m. — Someone went through vehicles on the 100 block of Fifth Avenue North and stole change. None of the vehicles were damaged.