Blotter: Exposed Underwear, Suspicious Acorns and Storm Watchers
A twice-weekly selection of incidents drawn from Hopkins police files.
Friday, Aug. 3
- 3:06 a.m. — A caller reported hearing a breaking noise near Oxford Street and Texas Avenue. The noise turned out to be acorns falling from a tree onto a tin on the roof.
- 6:26 a.m. — Someone stole an unlocked vehicle that was parked overnight at a Meadow Creek Condos parking lot.
- 6:34 a.m. — A man reported his locked vehicle was missing from the 900 block of Ninth Avenue South.
- 8:16 a.m. — A vehicle was reported stolen from the Central Park Manor parking lot. It had last been seen at 11 p.m. the night before.
- 8:56 a.m. — A woman reported her vehicle missing from a parking lot on the 800 block of 11th Avenue South.
- 11:20 a.m. — Police responded to a report of shoplifters arguing with a manager in the Blake Road Walgreens parking lot.
- 8:01 p.m. — Driskill’s reported that a woman had taken a pizza. Officers issued the woman a trespass notice.
- 9:32 p.m. — Police contacted a suspicious man seen near Meadow Creek Condos. The man turned out to be storm watching.
- 10:27 p.m. — A caller told police two suspicious men were running up 17th Avenue North. The men told police they were seeing who could run home the fastest.
Saturday, Aug. 4
- 12:53 a.m. — Police investigated a report of a man throwing glass off a Knollwood Towers balcony.
- 1:57 a.m. — A caller said a man in a silver Chevrolet Blazer threw a bottle at the caller’s car near Mainstreet and 10 Avenue. Officers were unable to find the man.
- 10:29 a.m. — A car that was stolen the day before was reported stolen again from the 800 block of Ninth Avenue South. Minneapolis Police found the vehicle.
- 1:09 p.m. — Someone stole copper pipes from the outside sprinkler system of a building on the 8300 block of Excelsior Boulevard. There was also a hole from a BB in the window.
- 3:37 p.m. — A cleaning person stole $300 cash from a fire safe on the 900 block of 11th Avenue South.
- 5:53 p.m. — The Highway 7 Walgreens reported that a woman stole hair dye.
Sunday, Aug. 5
- 2:19 a.m. — A woman said someone stole a bottle of vodka from her Brentwood Apartments unit.
- 3:45 a.m. — A man said his Pontiac Grand Prix was stolen from the 1300 block of Oxford Street. His cell phone and wallet were inside.
- 4:25 a.m. — A Greenfield Apartments woman told police her boyfriend was “being mean” and that he’d tried to choke her. The man, who was drunk, said the woman crawled over him while he was sleeping to turn off the alarm and startled him. He said he grabbed her while he was half awake. Officers talked to both people.
- 6:58 a.m. — Police got a call that a woman was drunk and breaking items in a Brentwood Apartments unit. One person was taken to the 1800 Chicago Service Center.
- 8:50 a.m. — A person was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center following an assault at Oak Ridge Lofts.
- 8:23 p.m. — Police investigated a report of a stolen vehicle at Meadow Creek Condos.
- 8:25 p.m. — A woman told police she was at the Blake Road Walgreens when a man showed her a badge, said he was an off-duty police officer and told her to pull up her pants because her underwear was showing.
- 11:58 p.m. — Police got a call of a man screaming and moaning. It was a resident “making usual noises while cleaning.”
Stay up to date on all your local news. Sign up for the free Hopkins Patch newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Editor James Warden's Pinterest boards. Do you own a local business? Click here to learn about five easy ways your business can use Patch.