Blotter: Child Abuse and Robberies
A twice-weekly selection of incidents drawn from Hopkins police files.
Editor’s Note: The Hopkins Police Department switched to the Hennepin County dispatch services at 6 a.m. Aug. 21. As a result, the department had to change the crime reports it releases to media. These changes are reflected in all incidents after the transition point.
Friday, Aug. 24
- 8:08 a.m. — Theft from auto at McFarland Hotwater Technology.
- 11:31 a.m. — Robbery at US Grocery and Tobacco.
- 2:34 p.m. — Trespassing at Excelsior Tech Center.
- 5:20 p.m. — Drugs at Meadow Creek Condos.
- 5:37 p.m. — Child abuse at Hopkins Park Plaza.
- 7:15 p.m. — Car theft at Excelsior Boulevard and Highway 169.
- 10:28 p.m. — Prowler at 1811 Mainstreet.
Saturday, Aug. 25
- 2:33 a.m. — Robbery at the Blake Road Walgreens. Click here to read the full story.
- 8:17 a.m. — Domestic incident on the 300 block of Fifth Avenue North.
- 12:35 p.m. — Theft on the 700 block of Van Buren Way North.
- 5:08 p.m. — Theft from auto on the 800 block of 11th Avenue South.
- 5:40 p.m. — Theft at The Liquor Store and More.
- 6:42 p.m. — Theft from auto at Mann’s Hopkins Cinema 6.
- 10:38 p.m. — Drunk problem at Hopkins Park Plaza.
Sunday, Aug. 26
- 1:37 a.m. — Drunk problem at Creekwood Estates.